You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
What is fino sherry? Fino is a fortified white wine made of palomino grapes. It is biologically aged, under a layer of flor.
This is a generic tasting note for a fino sherry. Obviously, there are as many exceptions as there are finos out there, but I felt like I needed a starting point. Please check Sherrynotes.com for more info.
The wine is clear and has a pale lemon colour.
The nose is clean with pronounced intensity, showing aromas of bread, walnuts, cashews, ripe apple, bruised apple, cheese, salty, orange peel, medicine.
- Sherry usually has a pronounced intensity.
The wine is dry and has a light body with low alcohol. The wine has a medium acidity and medium+ flavour intensity with flavours of grapefruit, bread, walnuts, cashews, ripe apple, bruised apple, cheese, salty, orange peel, medicine.
The finish is medium+.
The wine should be drunk now and is not suitable for further ageing.
- Sweetness: Port is defined as sweet, whereas Rutherglen Muscats, PX sherries and some TBAs are defined as luscious.
- Most sherries have a medium acidity
- Low alcohol (below 17%): sherry fino and manzanilla
- Medium alcohol (between 17% and 19%): amontillado
- High alcohol (above 19%): port, madeira (amontillado)
This is a very good quality wine, as it shows complexity in flavours (dried fruit, nutty and oak aromas) and length. It lacks concentration to be outstanding.